Friday, April 01, 2005

Importers?

Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that to be an "importer" means that you IMPORT the wines from out of the country, not as is so often the case that you purchase IMPORTED wines from some agent or broker in America. Perhaps they should call themselves "import distributors" to differenciate themselves from those of us who do it the hard way. I am proud to proclaim that Millesime sells only wines that it purchases directly from the people who make it. Please look at the importer information on the bottle when you shop or dine out, usually grouped with the government warning on the back. On every import bottle that I sell, you will see the name Millesime. This means that I do the work of finding the wines to buy, not some agent. I do the logistical and legal work of getting the wine to Seattle, not some broker. What this means for you is that those agents and brokers don't have their hands in the price of these wines. It will remain that way until I decide to devote my energies to being an agent or broker myself (hey a guy has to make a living)! Come to think of it, it would still be my name on the back of the bottle...

No comments:

Post a Comment